This is what people say to us about us!
We would like this to be unbiased and balanced to show good and not-so-good feedback made to us. After all no-one can be expected to please all the people all the time…can they?
You’d expect a bit (at least) of negative comment or a few brickbats. In the interests of veracity we would be happy to show these. But we cannot!
Because the plain unvarnished truth is we have never received any!
We have only ever had clients who are entirely happy with what we do for them.
And we very much wish this to continue.
Here is a selection of the very many positive comments we have received:
" Dear John, I cannot thank you enough for the help and support I have received with my HMRC rental income investigation. I was totally overwhelmed when the HMRC contacted me and it is safe to say you helped and guided me through a very complex matter. Thank you for your guidance and expert advice. Brilliant service 5***** " (Liane Cooper - Solihull)
- “Hi John, Thank you for all your help with my Income Tax problems. After years of worry my wife found your details. Within a few short months you had sorted the problem and saved me thousands of pounds. Worth every penny of a very small fee. Thanks again” (Malcolm Dilloway, Facilities Manager, National Express Bus Company, Birmingham)
- “Thank you for all your hard work that you have done on my behalf over the years and recently with regard to getting me removed from self-assessment. Please find enclosed my cheque for £125. Thank you again for all your help and I wish you every happiness and best wishes to you for the future. Have a Happy Christmas!” (Val McKeown (Retired Nursing sister), Zapata Golf, Orihuela Costa, Alicante, Spain)
- "You were my life saver and did so very much for me after the death of my lovely husband, both financially and lightening my load of worry. I was in such turmoil until one day Richard got the Yellow Pages out and found you! I’ve never looked back. Best wishes” (Louise Payne, Solihull)
- “Just to say a big thank you for coaching me on my rental income book-keeping procedures. The template spread sheet you provided is perfect and very simple to use. Doing tax returns with two houses rented has been a nightmare for years. Now you are doing them I have no worries any more. Wish I had signed up with you years ago and saved myself a lot of tax.“ (Steve Johnson, Balsall Common)
- "Thanks again for helping me with my tax return. Since I married Alan and we moved to a house and I started letting my flat I have been very concerned about having to do a tax return. I always feel sick when I get those brown envelopes from the tax office. I’m very relieved indeed that you are doing it for me.” (Alice Bingham, Malvern)
- “Many thanks for preparing my tax return. I was very confused as to what expenses I could claim against my rental income. The tax bill is far lower than I expected.” (Ann Jones, Monkspath)
- “Having bought the cottage and gone into the holiday lettings business and also now a buy-to-let house I am very relieved that we can leave our book-keeping and tax returns in your capable hands.” (Tracy Rocklin, Cheltenham)
- “I have been with you for over two years and the response to any queries I have is always helpful, fast and professional” (Roger Gordon, Driving Instructor, Shirley)
- “Thank you for your help! As a new expat I particularly appreciated not having to learn a whole new tax procedure. Excellent work and service.” (James Williams, IT Worker, Dubai)
- “Enclosed cheque in payment of your very reasonable fee and can I just say thank you. Your service is exemplary and we are always very impressed. Our property rental tax bill is lower and that annual tax return crisis has gone! We will definitely be recommending you to other people.” (Stewart and Pauline Gibson, Knowle)
- “Over the past five years my tax affairs/returns and subsequent letters were a headache. Never seemed to get it right. Not any more. I appreciate the friendly, polite, professional response experienced each occasion I have contacted Taxmates.” (Mr Robert Irvine, Structural Engineer, Balsall Common)
- "As you know for many years my tax return was done by my bank and although they provided the same service, believe me when I tell you that you come a great deal cheaper and a lot more personal and friendlier! Big is certainly not best in my experience.” (Terry Wilkinson, Retired, Dorridge)
- "I requested refund forms from the tax office, which were totally unintelligible. Had the service offered by Taxmates not been recommended to me I would not have attempted to apply for the refund, and I certainly feel that your firm deserves its fee!" (Dr Jane Parker, Forensic Psychologist, Berkswell)
- "I just wanted to write and thank you for the excellent service I have received from Taxmates. I was delighted to receive my tax repayment in my bank account today; and without your assistance would not even have known I was entitled to it." (James Grant, Management Consultant, Solihull)
- “My wife made me call you just before I pressed the “submit” button for my tax return. That call cost me £50 for your visit but has saved me over £500 in tax. Thank you very much.” (Richard Tucker, Air Line Pilot, Earlswood)
- "All the blood, sweat and tears I used to suffer over my tax return have gone and I know I am in safe hands. What a relief!" (Jenny Derby, Freelance Hairdresser, Hampton in Arden)
These letters/emails (and many others) are in a file at the office.
If you want to see them just let us know!
If we ever get a bad comment we will include it here (with an explanation)!